Environmental Issues In Kentucky
Priority Conservation Issues
Conservation issues that currently hold high priority for us include:
- Mountaintop Removal: stopping the practice of Mountaintop Removal (MTR),
- Energy & Economy: working with state leaders to move Kentucky towards Clean, Renewable, Sustainable energy solutions that will not only safeguard the health of Kentuckians, but open the way for a more vibrant, healthy, diverse economy,
- Agriculture: supporting Kentucky's local farmers in healthy, sustainable agriculture practices and stopping the influx of massive Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations (CAFOs),
- Air and Water: protecting Kentucky’s air and water quality,
- Wildlands & Wildlife: guarding our forests and protected wild lands from harmful and abusive use.
Chapter Conservation and Issue Leader Contacts
Our Chapter Conservation Committee addresses a variety of issues in Kentucky and includes subcommittees that focus on specific issues.