Kentucky Sierra Club Heads to NYC For The Climate March
2014 National People's Climate March in New York City
Columbus Circle, New York City, NY
About the Largest Climate March In History
Register online here
Buy Kentucky Bus Tickets to New York City
Step 1:Register for the largest climate march in history here!
Step 2:Reserve your seat on the Kentucky bus here.
The Cumberland Chapter is participating in the “People’s Climate March” on Sunday, September 21 (http://peoplesclimate.org). The main march is in New York City (NYC), but there are also supportive marches being held around the world.
National Sierra Club is a major player in the large coalition of groups planning this event, and we want to leverage the event to recruit new leaders, volunteers, and activists.
Our Chapter goals are to:
- get as many Kentuckians as possible to the NYC march; and
- support other communities that want to hold a supportive event, especially for those folks who can’t go to New York.
We are planning to charter at least one bus leaving Louisville/Lexington Saturday morning and getting back Monday morning. If we can fill two or more buses, so much the better.
We need your help to accomplish this mission! - What you can do:
- Pass the word to anyone and everyone, whether club members of not, and encourage them to go to New York City. Buy bus tickets here. Costs are on a sliding scale. We are committed to not denying anyone a seat due to inability to pay.
- Consider Group or individual donations to subsidize marchers’ travel costs. Make donations on the ticketing site above.
- Consider being a recruitment leader in your area/town or otherwise helping out. If you are willing to help with the effort in any way, or have any other questions, contact Drew Foley - our awesome Kentucky organizer for this event!